Improving Infrastructure at Queen Street Gloucester with Community Focus and Professionalism
Eire Constructions was awarded the contract by Mid Coast Council to improve infrastructure at the busy section of Queen Street in Gloucester. The Eire Constructions team is working hard to deliver the major reconstruction works in 2020.
Eire Constructions is working closely with local businesses to minimise disruption.
Eire Constructions is providing Civil Infrastructure Solutions for Phase Two of the Mid Coast Council Works:
The major transformation will alleviate parking issues and create safer pedestrian access. Scope of works in this phase include:
- Road reconstruction
- Addressing issues with the existing road cross-fall (where the street slopes steeply into the kerb)
- Footpath reconstruction
- Installation of a 2.3m wide median strip / safety island
- Installation of access ramps
- Construction of a new traffic-calming roundabout at the Queen / Barrington Street intersection
- Streetscape beautification
Phase 2 works commenced mid-May and continue through to August, weather permitting.
For further information about what is happening during each stage, and how it might affect you, download the notification flyer here (PDF, 538KB).